Saturday, February 13, 2010

Strange Valentine's Day Gift Idea

(DNA 11 Lip Art Sample)

The company DNA 11 has found a way to turn your fingerprint, lip shape or actual DNA (via a cheek swabbing!) into a piece of art. How strange would it be to give this little doozy to your lover for a V Day gift? I think I would be more creeped out then flattered, myself. Maybe if it were my DNA, not his, but then I would be wondering when he swabbed my cheek without my knowing.... I guess it's just not my cup of tea, I'll stick to the tried and true chocolates and dinner route. However, if you are into extremely unique gifts (or happen to be dating Bill Nye the Science Guy) this may be the way to go. Nothing says, "you have my heart," like photographic evidence. Check out the video tutorial of exactly how it works below. Courtesy of DNA 11:

2 comments:

Veggie Rebel said...

Haha, DNA Art...I don't know about that. I'm with you, how exactly would you swab someone's cheek without them NOTICING?? And would you really want your DNA floating around? Intriguing idea, but I don't think the mainstream is quite ready! Love the video you used though - great addition to your blog!

recklessbliss said...

Thanks! I agree, it's a little too out there for the average gal like myself. I saw this personal assistant guy talking about it in an interview awhile back and he said that his clients with no spending limit need unique ideas for their mates so they usually go this type of thing. I could see that!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!